Views:0 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2020-11-10 Origin:Site
Millions of children and adults choose to start orthodontic treatment every year, but there are many different types of orthodontic treatment to choose from. What does orthodontic treatment mean? How do I know if I need orthodontic treatment?
How does orthodontic treatment work?
What does orthodontic equipment include?
How do I know if I need orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry used to correct incorrectly positioned teeth and jaws. Curved teeth and teeth that don’t fit together are more difficult to keep clean. Due to tooth decay and periodontal disease, they may fall out early and put extra pressure on the masticatory muscles, which can lead to headaches, TMJ syndrome, neck, shoulder and back pain . Skewed or incorrectly positioned teeth can also affect a person's appearance. The benefits of orthodontic treatment include a healthier mouth, a more pleasing appearance and longer lasting teeth. Many different types of appliances, both fixed and movable, are used to help move teeth, retrain muscles, and affect jaw growth. These devices work by applying slight pressure on the teeth and jaws. The severity of the problem will determine which orthodontic method may be the most effective.
1. Orthodontic Bracket-the most common fixture, the orthodontic support frame consists of straps, wires and/or brackets. Straps are fixed around the teeth or teeth and are used as fixtures for equipment, while the brackets are most often bonded to the front of the teeth. The bow wire passes through the bracket and connects to the band. Tightening the arch wire will put pressure on the teeth, causing them to gradually move into position. Braces are usually adjusted monthly to achieve the desired effect, which may be achieved within a few months to a few years. Today's braces are smaller, lighter, and show less metal than in the past. They provide children with bright colors and a clear style that many adults like.
2. Special fixing devices-used to control thumb sucking or tongue twitching, these devices are fixed to the teeth by straps. Since they are very uncomfortable during meals, they should only be used as a last resort.
3. Fixed space retainer-If the deciduous teeth fall off prematurely, use the space retainer to keep the space open until the permanent teeth erupt. A strap is connected to the teeth next to the empty space, and a wire extends to the teeth on the other side of the space.
4. Aligner-an alternative to traditional orthodontic appliances for adults, more and more orthodontists are using serial aligners to move teeth in the same way as fixed appliances, but without wires and brackets . The aligner is actually invisible and is removed for consumption, brushing and flossing.
5. Movable space maintainers-these devices have the same functions as fixed space maintainers. They are made of an acrylic base that fits the jaws and have plastic or metal wire branches between specific teeth to keep the space between them open.
6. Jaw repositioning devices-also called splints, these devices can be worn on the upper or lower jaw and help train the jaw to close in a more advantageous position. They can be used for temporomandibular joint disease (TMJ).
7. Lip and cheek bumpers-designed to keep the lips or cheeks away from the teeth. The muscles of the lips and cheeks can put pressure on the teeth, and these bumpers help relieve this pressure.
1. Overbite, sometimes called "buck teeth"-in which the upper front teeth lie too far forward (extend) above the lower teeth
2. Teeth clenching—"Bulldog" appearance with lower jaw too forward or upper jaw doomed
3. Bite-The upper teeth do not drop slightly before the lower teeth when they are normally bite together
4. Open bite—the space between the occlusal surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth are bitten together
A qualified orthodontic Bracket is very important to the effect of orthodontic treatment. If you are looking for a high-quality high-speed orthodontic equipment at a reasonable price, Osakadent Co.,Ltd. will provide you with the best products.